wood to make a fire: panggatong, kahoy na panggatong
» synonyms and related words:
1. the hard substance beneath the bark of trees: kahoy
2. the trees cut up for use, lumber: kahoy, tabla
3. firewood: kahoy (na panggatong), panggatong
4. woods, large number of growing trees: kahuyan, gubat, kagubatan
1. to cut with blows: magputol, pumutol, putulin
2. to cut with an ax: magpalakol, palakulin
3. to cut with a "bolo": tumaga, tagain, tumagpas, tagpasin
4. to cut with a sickle or "bolo": magtabas, tumabas, tabasin
5. to cut or split wood for firewood, as with an ax: magsibak, sumibak, sibakin, magpalakol, pumalakol, palakulin
6. to cut into small pieces as firewood, with a "bolo": magtilad, tumilad, tilarin
7. to cut by chopping into fine pieces, as meat, vegetables, etc.: magtadtad, tumadtad, tadtarin
1. a number of things wrapped together: balutan
2. a number of things loosely wrapped in cloth, etc.: bungkos
3. a number of things tied together as firewood, sugar cane, etc.: bigkis
4. a bale or large bundle: basta, paldo
5. a small pile (heap) tied together: talaksan, tungkos
1. to wrap up: magbalot, balutin, magbasta, bastain
2. to tie up: magbigkis, bigkisin, magbungkos, bungkusin
magliyab, lumiyab (mag-, -um-) to blaze. Lumiyab ang kusina. The kitchen was ablaze with fire. Nagliyab ang panggatong. The firewood was ablaze.
a heap, a pile, usually serving as a unit of measure for tomatoes garlic, shrimps etc. magtumpok, itumpok (mag-: i-)
to make a heap or pile, to pile up. Nagtumpok siya ng mga panggatong. He piled up the firewood. Itumpok mo ang mga kamatis. Pile up the tomatoes.
managa', tagain (mang-:in) to hack with a cutting instrument. Tagain mo ang mga panggatong. Hack/chop the firewood. aff. a noun-forming prefix meaning `native of' or `coming from'; with verb roots, it means `regular performer of'
firewood, fuel maggatong, igatong (mag-:i-)
to feed with fuel, to put into the fire as fuel. Kumuha ka ng kahoy para igatong. Get some wood for fuel.
humagilap (-um-) to search, to gather maghagilap, hagilapin (mag-:-in)
to try to get hold of something at the time of need around one's environment. Maghagilap ka ng panggatong. Gather firewood.
manghagilap, hagilapin (mang-) to look for someone/something. Manghagilap ka ng makatutulong sa atin. Look for someone who can help us.