you (singular), usually occurs initially in sentences
» synonyms and related words:
1. the person or persons spoken to: ikaw (prepositive and singular), ka (postpositive and singular), kayo (plural or singular if respect should be shown)
2. to you: sa iyo, sa inyo (plural)
3. for you: para sa iyo (inyo)
4. by you: mo, ninyo
1. baga embers, glowing coal
lung baga adv. emphatic marker, throws more stress on the interrogation. Ikaw baga ay nagasawa? Did you (ever) get married? conj. (+man) although
emphatic particle, expressing confirmation, truly, really, certainly, request particle meaning "please", so, therefore, really. Oo, nga. Yes, indeed. Ikaw nga ang maysabi. You, yourself said so. Ituro nga ninyo (polite request). Please show me the way...
malasa (ma-) spicy, tasty
lumasa, lasahin (-um-:-in) to taste, to have taste of. Ikaw ang lumasa ng ulam. You taste the dish.
1. pala, shovel, spade
2. pala part. so, as in Ikaw pala, meaning, it is you; an exclamation of surprise
3. pala part. when used after hindi, expresses contrast with one's expectation, a reversal. Ang isip ko'y balat lamang ng itlog ito, hindi pala, kundi itlog na buo. I thought this was only an eggshell, but no, it was a whole egg.