1. to have fun, to do something in sport: maglaro, laruin
2. to gamble: magsugal, isugal, maghuwego, ihuwego
3. to take part in a game: sumali sa laro, makipaglaro
4. to play against, to compete: lumaban, labanan (sa laro), makipagpaligsahan (sa laro)
5. to make music on an instrument, to make, give forth music, to produce as music: tumugtog, tugtugin
6. to act a part, to act the part of: gumanap ng papel, ganapin ang papel
7. to act carelessly, to do foolish things with something: paglaruan, laruin
8. to play on, to take advantage of; make use of: magsamantala, pagsamantalahan, samantalahin
1. to make softer: magpalambot, palambutin
2. to become softer: lumambot
3. to make lower or softer as voice, music, etc.: magpahina, pahinain, mapahina
4. to become or be softer as voice, music, etc.: humina
5. to make less glaring as light: magpalamlam, palamlamin
6. to become less glaring: lumamlam
1. a way of sending or receiving words, music, etc, by electric waves without wires: radyo
2. the apparatus for receiving and making audible sounds so sent: radyo
to transmit or send out by radio: rumadyo, iradyo
of, having to do with, used in, or sent by radio: sa radyo, panradyo
1. to strike with hand, stick, slippers, etc: pumalo, mamalo, paluin, manghampas, hampasin
2. to beat with a club: bumugbog, bugbugin
3. to beat by pounding with a stone, hammer, or heavy piece of wood: pumukpok, pukpukin
4. to beat to helplessness: gumulpi, gulpihin
5. to pulsate as the heart does: tumibok
6. to mix by beating: magbati, bumati, batihin
7. to defeat: tumalo, talunin
8. to be defeated: matalo
1. the heart beat: tibok ng puso
2. the beat in music: kumpas, tiyempo
1. arrangement of the time: pagsasaoras, paglalagay sa oras
2. the act or art of regulating the speed of performance, utterance, etc. in music, oratory, or acting: tiyempo
1. an instrument for opening or closing a lock: susi
2. the answer to a puzzle or problem: sagot, kasagutan, kalutasan
3. the key of a piano: teklado
4. the key of a typewriter: tipaan, tipahan, teklado
5. a key in music: tono
fondness, accustomed, fond of. wiling-wili 'very much at home'
mawili (ma-) to become engrossed or interested, to desire to continue with an experience because of its pleasantness, attractiveness or profit. Nawili ako sa pagtutugtog ng gitara. I got wrapped up in the guitar music.
to find or do something at the precise moment. Tiyempuhan mong narito siya. Do something when he is here.
umindak (-um-) to dance (in time with the music). Umindak ang mananayaw sa saliw ng musika. The dancer danced to the tune of music.
tumugtog, tugtugin (-um:-in) to play music, to play on an instrument. Tumugtog ang banda ng mabilis na musika. The band played fast music. Tugtugin mo sa piyano ang 'Dahil sa Iyo'. Play 'Dahil sa Iyo' on the piano.