1. now, already. Ako na. It's my turn to do it now or I'll do it instead of someone else.
2. after nouns or pronouns: acts as an emphatic marker. Bukas na. Let it be tomorrow. Si Maria na. Let it be Maria's turn.
3. after verbs: if in the past tense form, denotes completion of action expressible in the past or present perfect in English. Nagsipilyo na siya. He has already brushed (his teeth).
4. if in the infinitive form or future form, denotes now, right away, immediately, soon. Magsipilyo ka na. Brush (your teeth) now. Papasok na ako. I'm going to school now.
5. If after the verb roots, denotes completed action. Bukas na. It's already open. Tapos na. It's already finished. na lig. connects modifier and word modified, takes the form -ng when the word it follows ends in a vowel sound. Mabait na bata or Batang mabait. Good child. na part. with sa/kay, marks nouns indicating position, location, possession of something; -ng when the word it follows ends in a vowel sound