3. stating, manner of stating something: pagpapahayag, paglalahad
4. summary of an account showing amount owed: kuwenta ng pagkakautang
something said that is not true: kasinungalingan, kabulaanan
1. to speak falsely, tell a lie: magsinungaling, magbulaan
2. to have ones body in a flat position along the ground or other surface: humiga, mahiga
3. to lie on ones back: tumihaya
4. to lie on ones back carelessly or with abandon: humilata
5. to lie on ones stomach, to lie face down: dumapa
6. to lie prostrate or prone: humandusay, mapahandusay
1. words said, binding a person to do or not to do something: pangako, salita, pangungusap
2. that which gives hope of success: may kinabukasan, may hinaharap, may pag-asa
1. to give ones word, to make a promise: mangako, ipangako, pangakuan
2. to make a promise of: mangako ng, ipangako ang, pangakuan ng
3. to give hope, to give hope of: magpaasa, paasahin, magbigay ng pag-asa, mangako
1. to say or read aloud to another person who is to write what is said or read: magdikta, idikta, diktahan
2. to speak with authority, to make others do what one says: magdikta, idikta, diktahan, mag-utos, iutos, utusan, magmando
order, direction: utos, mando
bumulong (-um-) to whisper, to mumble. Bumulong siya sa akin. He whispered to me. magbulong, ibulong (mag-:i-)
to whisper something. Ibulong mo sa kanya ang sinabi ko. Whisper to him what I said.
dumamba (-um-) to rise on the hind legs usually said of a four-footed animal, to fall all over someone. Dumamba ang aso kaya ako'y natigilan. The dog fell over me so I got shocked.
magmisa (mag-) to say mass. Nagmisa ang pare sa patay. The priest said mass for the dead.
emphatic particle, expressing confirmation, truly, really, certainly, request particle meaning "please", so, therefore, really. Oo, nga. Yes, indeed. Ikaw nga ang maysabi. You, yourself said so. Ituro nga ninyo (polite request). Please show me the way...
tumupad, tuparin (-um-:in) to comply with, to accomplish what is required or agreed upon. Tumupad si Tonio sa kanyang mga pangako. Tonio complied with his promises. Tuparin mo ang sinabi mo. Comply with what you said.
overly sensitive makaramdam (maka-) to be able to feel, to be sensitive. Nakaramdam siya ng bahagyang pananakit ng katawan. She felt some aching of her body. magdamdam, damdamin (mag-:in)
to feel bad about. Nagdamdam na naman si Maria sa sinabi ko. Maria is feeling bad again about what I said.
it is said; so (somebody) said (expresses that the sentence represents the saying of someone other than the speaker. The person so quoted may be the agent of the sentence itself.) [var. raw (after vowels).]. Aalis ka raw. You're leaving, (I'm told).